Eco Touch® Waterless Car Wash Fundraiser Program
Car washes have long been staple fundraisers, but with drought conditions and water restrictions affecting many areas of the US, it has become more challenging to raise funds this way. That's why we created the Eco Touch Waterless Car Wash Fundraiser. No hose or bucket is required. In fact, a waterless car wash eliminates the soapy mess and toxic runoff, so it prevents runoff from ending up in storm drains that flow straight to bodies of water - untreated.
With Eco Touch Waterless Car Wash your organization can feel good about holding an environmentally responsible car wash fundraiser. Did you know that the average hose-and-bucket wash uses between 80-120 gallons of water? In fact, the average garden hose gushes an average of 12 gallons of water per minute. If you clean 100 cars in your fundraiser event using Eco Touch Waterless Car Wash, your group will be able to save 8,000 to 12,000 gallons of water. And that’s something you can feel good about.
Hosting an Eco Touch Waterless Car Wash event is fun and safe for people of all ages. Our formulas are non-toxic and free of harsh chemicals. In fact, we are the first car care company in the US to list both functional and scientific on our packaging and website. Take a look at our product description Waterless Car Wash for more information.
A little planning goes a long way to creating a successful waterless car wash fundraiser event. Here are some tips:
Getting ready before the event
- Find an easily accessible location with exposure to lots of traffic.
- Get permission to hold the event from the real estate owner.
- Ask local businesses to sponsor the event by donating food, drinks, tents and/or money for printing.
- Find a team of volunteers (10-20 per shift).
- Arrange your volunteers into 2-hour shifts.
- Be sure to get advance publicity by contacting local radio, magazine and newspapers.
- Print out and distribute flyers that includes your fundraising mission, time & location of the event (make sure to add your sponsor’s logos).
- Make 8-10 poster board signs in high-contrast colors indicating the location & time of event.
- Put up poster boards a day or two before the event.
Getting ready the day of the event
- Assemble supplies list – spray bottles, microfiber towels, rinse buckets with water.
- Organize your group into teams - Promotion, Sales, Wash, Dry.
- Promotion team attracts new clients with signs.
- Sales team explains offer (use flyer for quick info), upgrades for additional services such as interior vacuuming, and collects money.
- Wash team sprays each car with Eco Touch Waterless
- Dry team dries with first and second microfiber towels, vacuums, does tires, etc.
- Assign each volunteer an item from the supplies list.
- Use at least two lines and wash two or more cars at once.
- Wash cars for six to eight hours (Saturday 9:00 to 3:00 preferred).
Tips for Maximizing Profit & Turnout
- Offer upgrade services such as interior vacuuming for an extra charge.
- Try to sell car washing tickets in advance.
- Place roadside signs a day or two before the event.
- Send a pre-event press release a week or two in advance to your local paper and/or radio.
- Get volunteers to wave signs at the passing traffic to attract customers.
- Consider advertising a waterless car wash “by donation.”
If customers see a group of individuals working hard, they will sometimes donate more than what you would have asked for.
- Keep the event fun for volunteers and customers by playing upbeat music.
- Provide drinks and snacks to maintain high energy levels.
- Always keep safety in mind.